Monday 4 December 2017

The countdown has begun...


3 days… 19 hours… 11 minutes

And so time has gone by, matric exams are finished, Jacobus joined the veldskool with the grade 6 and 7's of Gereformeerde Laerskool Bellville in the Cederberg, and from today till 13 January 2018 everything in the Van der Linden-household is about Footsteps to Good Hope.


Sorting the day packs!


Salomien not afraid to get her hands dirty while helping...


Can you survive on this for a day... and for 40 days?


Last minute changes in gear, a few items still to be bought, a couple of finishing touches to other lists and arrangements... We are gearing up and almost ready to go. 

Fine-tuning packing to an art

Nothing would have come from the novel idea and dream of Jacobus to do an eco-hike for conservation awareness, if it were not for the following businesses and individuals:


A Rocha
Continental Cobbles
Sealand
Ben Groot Attorneys
Dried Fruit for Africa
Plastic SA
Tracks4Africa
Supa Oils
Ekcon
Starcivils
Cape Town Environmental Education Trust
Gert Klapwijk
Roelof Hoving
Frans Douma
Andre van den Berg
Henk Boesenkool
Paul Verhagen
Alex van der Linden
Kokkie Kooijman
Elizma de Kock
Erik Raimond
Hanu Conradie 
Hanlie Smuts
Tannie Ella Mileham
Ouma Salma Loots
John Fincham
Dave McDonald

A mere thank you sounds almost inappropriate. But this thank you comes from the bottom of our hearts... It comes from the sandy beaches, the wetlands and the sharp rocks...  It comes from the fish, the lobsters and seals, the Black Oystercatchers and the little birds and ocean creatures suffering from the nurdle pollution... To use the beautiful words in Scripture: Romans 8: 20-22: 

"For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time."

May Jacobus' eco-hike be the start of a new era in South Africa and around the world, where the new generation see their duty and the opportunities to do good (and do better) to the environment they live in - the creation that God has given them (us!) to reign over but also to take care of and to conserve.

Happy hiking Jacobus!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, Email urgentloan22@gmail.com call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OLÁ A TODOS
    Dr. afrid realmente é tão maravilhoso para mim que sempre testemunharei sua grandeza na minha vida, que poderia acreditar que o dr Afrid ervas medicinais me curou do meu vírus do herpes que eu estava tendo nos últimos 4 anos, me deparei com drafridherbalhome11 @ gmail. com em uma página de como tratar o vírus do herpes e vi muitos testemunhos de como o Dr. Afrid os ajudou em vários problemas e situações, e seus números de celular também estavam em cada testemunho +2349056393547
    para contatá-lo, porque eu precisava de ajuda para me livrar do meu vírus do herpes, escrevi para ele no app e contei o que estava passando! Caros amigos, todos os dr. lembre-se saúde é riqueza, ele me enviou um remédio herbal para a cura do meu vírus do herpes, fiquei muito feliz porque, depois de beber as ervas conforme as instruções dele, fui ao hospital para fazer um check-up para minha surpresa, meu resultado para o herpes saiu negativo Eu recomendo drafridherbalhome11@gmail.com para quem precisar de sua ajuda, você também pode
    ... Obrigado Dr ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone.  I want to share my amazing experience with the great spell caster Dr Mark my husband was cheating on me and when I found out we had a fight which lead him filling for a divorce I cried and fell sick when I was searching about love quotes online I saw people talking about Dr Mark and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info I contacted Dr Mark and he told me not to worry that after 24 hours he will cancel the divorce and my husband will be back to me after I did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back, thank you once again Dr Mark you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you. contact Dr Mark through his email address on: blessedlovetemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete